1/4 cup butter
2/3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2-3 fresh sliced peaches
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar ( I used organic cane sugar)
1/4 cup butter, softened not melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup milk
- I started with a 9 inch round cake pan and buttered the sides.
- In a small pan I heated the butter and brown sugar over medium heat on the stove just until the brown sugar was melted.
- Pour the melted sugar and butter into the cake pan.
- Arrange the peaches in the bottom of the pan over the melted mixture.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the cake dough ingredients together and beat on low with a hand mixer until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Using a spatula, spread cake batter dough over the peaches. It'll be too thick to pour.
- Bake in a 370F oven for 30-35 minutes. The cake will spring back when touched with the finger.
- Cool 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Place a large serving plate over the top of the cake and turn upside down. Lift the pan off the cake.
Love and peace,
~ Simply TammiPin It