|Creamy Lemon Curd - Natural Homemade Living|
We have been busy making creamy, delicious lemon curd! Our favorite is to add it to plain yogurt or use it in overnight oats with a few blueberries or blackberries mixed in!
The best recipe is from Ina Garten, it's easy and turns out every time.
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1/2 c. lemon juice
pinch of kosher salt
- Remove the peel of the lemons using a vegetable peeler. Make sure you don't get the white part, it is very bitter.
- Place the lemon peelings and sugar in a food processor and pulse until the lemon zest is mixed into the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and add the lemon sugar mixture and beat with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time then add the lemon juice and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over low heat until it thickens. It usually takes about 15 minutes or until the lemon curd temperature is 170 degrees F.
- Once it has thickened, remove it from the heat to cool.
- Pour into container or use small glass jars.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
Love and peace,
Angie and Tammi