|Simply Homemade Lemon Cake|
3 tsp lemon zest (about 2 large lemons)
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c plain yogurt
1 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c canola oil
- Mix the eggs, lemon zest and juice, yogurt and vanilla extract with a whisk.
- I use a wooden spoon to mix the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
- Add the oil last and fold it into the other ingredients.
- Grease the sides of a 9x5 loaf pan. I love parchment paper so I use that to line the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 50 minutes (depending on your oven). I stick a toothpick in the middle to check if it's done. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's done.
- When it's done, I place the pan on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes, then remove the cake and place it on the cooling rack.
- Pour lemon glaze over the top. Stir together 1 cup powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. It should be fairly thin so you can drizzle it over the top and some will even soak into the cake.
- I sliced mine into 20 thin slices. Of course thicker slices are the best according to the taste testers!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi