1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained (or veggie crumbles, ground turkey or ground buffalo)
1/2 c diced shallots or onion
1 can (14-1/2) oz diced tomatoes with juice
1 can (14-1/2) oz crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
1/2 c water
1 can (15-1/2 oz size) navy beans, drained and rinsed (you can also use black beans, pinto beans or kidney beans)
1 small can of diced, green chili peppers
1 can drained whole kernel corn (any size can)
1 package taco seasoning
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
1/2 c sliced black olives
- I use a dutch oven (or a soup pot) to brown the ground beef and shallots over medium heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Heat until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour before serving.
- Before serving, add some shredded cheese (we like Colby-jack), a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or pretzel rolls.
- Some of our family even likes sliced jalapeno peppers over the top.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi