|Delicious Pumpkin Muffins|
Fall is here and the yummy spicy flavors are everywhere! Making one of my favorite pumpkin muffin recipes was at the top of my list today. It's easy to make and you probably have most or all of the ingredients on hand. I like this recipe because I replaced the oil with Greek yogurt so it's healthier than my old recipe but still makes great pumpkin muffins!
1 c canned pumpkin
2/3 c Greek yogurt
2/3 c sugar
2/3 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Don't use a mixer for this recipe, I would recommend a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Next whisk together the dry ingredients (starting with the flour) in another bowl.
- Add the first mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Don't over-mix your batter or your muffins won't be fluffy and light.
- I use cupcake liners in my muffin tins and spray them with cooking spray.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place one scoop of batter per muffin tin.
- Bake at 350F (in a preheated oven) for 15-20 minutes or until muffin tops spring back when you touch the top of them or use a tester.
- Remove from the oven and place pan on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and place on the cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 16 muffins.
Love and peace,