Thursday, March 03, 2016

White Chocolate Coconut Easter Nests

White Chocolate Coconut Easter Nests
Every year around this time of year, I make these nests for the coconut lovers in the family. They are so easy, fast to make, and even if you don't like coconut, they look pretty on a tray! The kids can even help with this recipe.
Ingredients:
2 cups flaked coconut
1 bag white chocolate chips
2 drops green food coloring
pastel color M&M candies or jelly beans to use for the eggs in the nest
  • Melt white chocolate chips in a glass bowl (I used my Pampered Chef batter bowl). I melted the chips for 2 minutes on 50% power in the microwave. You can use any flavor chips if you don't like white chocolate.
  • Stir the chips after they have melted and add 2 drops of green food coloring. 
  • Add coconut and stir until it is coated with the white chocolate. 
  • I use a small cookie dough scoop to form a ball and place the nests on waxed paper or parchment paper. Poke your thumb in the center to make a small dip in the nest. 
  • Place your candies in the middle of each nest and cool about 30 minutes. 
  • These freeze well or you can store them in tightly sealed container. Depending on the size of your nests, this makes about 20-30. I vary my sizes from big to small.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment