|Simply Homemade Taco Salad Served With Chips and Beans|
The good news is that my sister and I have some great decorating and DIY tips coming together however it is sometimes easier to complete the projects than to actually put them in writing. We'll work on that...
So back to the food, if you like simple and fresh, I think you'll like this little recipe. You can make one serving or as many you need so feel free to add all of your favorite ingredients! This is what I had on hand so these are my favorites today.
4-6 cups lettuce of your choice, chopped or shredded
1/4 cup diced tomatoes, fresh are best
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
Salsa, as much you like
1 can re-fried beans
How to pull it together:
- Start by browning your ground beef and onion in a medium size pan over medium heat on the stove. Add a little salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. I usually turn the heat down to low and keep it warm until you have the salad and beans together.
- Heat re-fried beans in a small saucepan over low heat. Add 1/3 cup salsa and stir into the beans. Optional: sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheese over the top and let it melt.
- Mix lettuce, tomatoes and olives together in a bowl.
- Layer the salad on plates starting with the lettuce.
- Add meat layer and shredded cheese.
- Add beans or serve them on the side.
- Add another layer of lettuce.
- Garnish with yogurt (or sour cream), fresh salsa, cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Serve beans and chips on the side.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi