Sunday, February 28, 2016

Marshmallow Pops

Marshmallow Pops
I've been making these marshmallow pops for parties recently and I finally figured out a couple of helpful hints to make it an easier process. I'm not a marshmallow fan but I think they look pretty in an arrangement. The kids say they are awesome!
Ingredients:
1 bag Wilton Candy Melts (12 oz bag)
30 lollipop sticks
30 large marshmallows (I did not use the jumbo size)
Sprinkles, coconut, chopped nuts, small candies
Food coloring optional
Directions:

  • I always melt my chips using a double boiler on the stove, for some reason I can't get the temperature right if I use the microwave. So I use a medium size pan filled halfway to the top with water and a glass bowl.
  • Place the chips in a Pyrex glass bowl on top of the pan. Start with the heat on medium to heat the water and lower the heat once the chips start melting. 
  • Once the chips are melted, dip an end of the lollipop stick into the chip mixture about 1/2 inch then push it into the end of a marshmallow, almost to the end. Repeat until you have the number of pops you want.
  • Place these in the freezer for 10 minutes.
  • Remove pan and bowl from stove. It's easier if you keep the chips melted and warm but not hot.
  • Take pops from freezer and dip each pop into the melted chips. Gently tap the pop on the side of the bowl so the excess drips off. If you skip this step your decorations will drip off the pop.
  • I hold my dipped pop over parchment paper to decorate with sprinkles, roll in coconut or nuts or the use the decorations of your choice.
  • I used a flower vase and cut some floral foam to fit over the opening to display the pretty pops.
  • I cut a piece of foil large enough to cover the foam.
  • Carefully push each lollipop stick into the foam.
  • Let pops dry for a few hours and loosely cover with cellophane or plastic wrap. I usually make these  one day before the party.
  • Pour sprinkles or candies over the top of the foil to add the finishing touch. This can be a little tricky so carefully pour them between the arranged pops.
Love and peace,
~ Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment