|Simply Homemade: The Best Mini Cheesecakes|
1 box vanilla wafers (I used gluten-free)
1/4 c butter, melted
1/4 c sugar
1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces, softened
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp almond extract
Toppings - cherry pie filling or fresh fruit, blueberries or raspberries are a great choice, caramel or chocolate syrup
- Place vanilla wafers into a food processor. (or crush them in a large baggie).
- Melt butter then add to the wafers.
- Add 1/4 c sugar and pulse in the food processor until the wafers are crumbled and the butter and sugar are mixed in with the crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer on low speed to beat the cream cheese, 1/3 c sugar, egg and almond extract until the batter is a smooth texture. * Helpful hint: it is easier to have the cream cheese and egg at room temperature so it be smooth and not lumpy.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use a mini-muffin pan with paper liners to bake your cheesecakes.
- Assemble the cheesecakes by adding a heaping teaspoon (or more if you'd like) of the vanilla wafer crumbs in each tin. Press down so the mixture is not crumbly in the tin.
- Use a small dough scoop to add the cream cheese mixture on top of the crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for 16-18 minutes or until the tops look set.
- Cool about 15 minutes on a cooling rack then remove the cheesecakes from the pan and finish cooling on the cooling rack.
- Refrigerate the cheesecakes.
- Add the toppings prior to serving or serve them plain. For parties, I add the toppings after the cheesecakes are cool.
- Store these in the refrigerator in an air tight container until about 30 minutes prior to serving.
Enjoy and be blessed!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi