|Cauliflower Cheese Soup|
1 large head of cauliflower, washed and trimmed into smaller pieces
1 medium size shallot (or small sweet onion), diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp butter
2 quarts chicken stock
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1/2 c plain yogurt
1 c Monterey Jack cheese or your favorite cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp parsley flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- I used a large soup pot to melt the butter over low-medium heat.
- Add the shallot and garlic, stir and cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower pieces and stir until it's coated with the butter mixture.
- Add the chicken stock, heat until it boils then lower the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- This step is really about your preference. I removed most of the cauliflower and put it in the blender to puree it. Remember to remove the small piece on the top of your blender to allow the hot steam to escape. I placed a dish towel over the small hole so it wouldn't splatter. I'm sure you could use a mixer, immersion blender or potato masher if you don't have a blender.
- Place the puree back into the broth in the pan and stir.
- Add the milk and yogurt (low heat) for about 10-20 minutes.
- Stir in shredded cheese, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Heat until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
|Cauliflower soup almost ready to eat!|
Enjoy and stay warm!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi