Saturday, December 20, 2014

No Bake Marshmallow Bars


Chocolate peanut butter marshmallow bars
My holiday baking marathon has begun! I decided to use a few recipes this year that I haven't made for years and this was the first one I found. I had forgotten about these yummy bars but back in the day, they were a favorite from our family friend Delores. She was our neighbor, an excellent baker and had a heart of gold. During the holidays I find myself getting distracted by taking a little time to reminisce about those no longer with us. The happy memories are so heart warming and the kiddos love hearing the stories from the past. So I smiled when I found this recipe that our Grandma S. had received from Delores and of course Grandma (the teacher) had dated it, 11/15/1978. It made me smile. The great thing is that these are also gluten-free so everyone in our family can eat them. And we all like the part that they are easy to put together, no baking!
Marshmallow Bars Ingredients:
1 bag chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate, the 11.5 oz size)
1/2 bag butterscotch chips
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 c peanut butter
Melt these ingredients together in a double boiler. I don't have a double boiler so I used a medium size pan filled halfway to the top with water and placed my ingredients in a glass bowl over the pan of water. I turned my stove on medium low. You don't want to heat them to quickly. When the ingredients have melted add:
3 c Rice Krispies (I used gluten-free)
1 bag mini marshmallows
Stir all ingredients together and spoon into a 9x13 pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
Cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and cut into bars. Makes 24-30 bars depending on the size you cut them. You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to serve them at room temperature.
Enjoy!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment