|Soft pumpkin cookies|
1 stick room temperature butter (1/2 cup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin
2 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4-1/2 tsp ground cloves (I love the flavor so I used 1/2 tsp)
- Mix butter, egg and vanilla together. Once mixed, add the pumpkin and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- I used a cookie scoop and placed the dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle some sugar over the top of the cookies or make a thin frosting (after cookies are baked).
- Bake for 17-20 minutes at 350F.
- If you didn't use a sugar sprinkle, you can make a thin frosting and use as a glaze. You should glaze them while the cookies are still warm. I used 1 1/2 c powdered sugar, 2 T milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 vanilla bean (insides). Place frosting in a baggie, cut off a corner and squeeze over the top of the cookies.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi