We love this idea, eating a whole meal with your fingers! You can start off with some homemade chicken strips or chicken tenders! These are a favorite for kids of all ages! My family likes to sprinkle a little hot sauce over them at meal time and a few of them dip them in ranch dressing. Yummy!
Ingredients:2-4 chicken breasts, cut into strips or you can buy the chicken tenderloins already cut
2 c corn flakes cereal (I use gluten-free or organic), crushed
1 c buttermilk or milk of your choice
- I start by placing my corn flakes in a plastic bag and crushing them using a rolling pin. If you roll it back and forth a few times, your cereal will be crushed.
- I rinse my chicken pieces with some water and place them on a paper towel to dry off.
- In a pie plate, I add an egg and the milk. Using a fork, I whisk them for a few seconds.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and milk mixture.
- Place your chicken strips (about 2 at a time) in the cereal bag and shake them around. Do this until your chicken strips are covered.
- Place your chicken strips on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for about 45 minutes. (Depending on your oven and the size of your chicken, you may need to add an extra 15 minutes if the pieces are quite thick).
- If you slice some potatoes (the long way) and spray them with olive oil and your favorite seasoning, we like organic seasoning salt, you can pop them in the oven at the same time as your chicken strips! They look like homemade french fries!
- And since it's Valentine's Day, homemade vanilla cupcakes for dessert!
Enjoy your finger food meal! Blessings for a great weekend!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi