2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c butter, melted (I let it cool for about 10 minutes)
3/4 c milk or half-n-half
1 tsp vanilla extract
fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, squeezed
1/2 jar lemon curd
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, butter and milk. Stir with a spatula or I use a wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice. You don't need to use an electric mixer so stir together with your wooden spoon.
- I use a muffin-cupcake baking pan and paper liners and fill them about 1/2 full (using a cookie dough scoop).
- Add about a teaspoon of lemon curd to each individual muffin in the middle of the batter.
- Using your cookie scoop, place another scoop of batter over the lemon curd. Your muffins will be about 3/4 full, fairly close to the top. This makes 12 muffins.
- Place in preheated 350F oven and bake for about 22 minutes, depending on your oven it might be a couple of minutes longer or shorter time.
- When the muffins are baked, place them on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes.
- Melt about 1/4 c lemon curd in a glass measuring cup.
- Pour about 1/4 c sugar in a dish.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and dip the muffin top into the warm lemon curd then dip the top into the sugar for a light dusting.
Don't they look simply beautiful? Now, be prepared for them to disappear! Enjoy!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi