Not sure if this ever happens to you but I open the microwave door to find a food explosion has occurred! Just sayin' that I always use a paper towel to cover my food in the microwave but some people in the house do not! A quick and simple way to clean your microwave without scrubbing your fingers to the bone is to use vinegar and water.
Here are the super simple steps:
- Using a 4 cup glass measuring cup, add 1/2 c white vinegar and about 3 c water.
- Place the cup in the microwave and turn on the microwave to high for about 4 minutes, I usually wait for the water to boil.
- Let sit, without opening the door for about 5 minutes.
- Using a wet rag, wipe out the inside of the microwave.
- Enjoy your sparkling, clean microwave until the next food explosion occurs!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi