Starting from left to the right, here is what she did:
- Mix 1 drop of blue food coloring into 1/3 cup Mod Podge and simply paint the outside of the bottle using a small paint brush. Let dry at least 3 hours. She let the bottle dry overnight then wrapped a piece of burlap ribbon around the outside and used hot glue to secure it to the bottle.
- Place a pearl strand (leftover from last year Christmas decorations) inside the bottle. You could use an old necklace or beads also.
- Place a strip of burlap ribbon (leftover from the burlap wreath projects), Simply DIY Project For the Front Door and Simply Decorate An Autumn Mantle, around the outside of the bottom and with your fingers begin to fold or pleat the ribbon, then wrap a piece of satin ribbon around the burlap and tie a bow.
- Place colored glass pieces (or you could use marbles) in the bottle.
- Pour white acrylic paint into the bottle and rotate the bottle until all of the glass areas are covered. She used some leftover bling from my pumpkin project, Simply DIY Pumpkin Decorating Project, to decorate the outside of the bottle. For a final touch, she added a monogram letter in the middle.
- Finally, to complete the look for a beautiful nighttime showing, she added battery operated candles (tea lights in the white and blue bottles and votive candles in the larger bottles). When they are all lit up, they look simply beautiful!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi