Saturday, July 13, 2013

No Bake Oatmeal Bars


I haven't ever had an "Oh Henry" candy bar so I'm not sure if this tastes like the real thing or not, but it is still a yummy treat, it's easy to make, and I usually have the ingredients on hand.  I got this recipe years ago from a friend of mine. 
Here's what you need:
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 c Karo syrup, I have always used the light corn syrup, but I'm guessing you could use either
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 c. oatmeal, I use "old fashioned oats" but the recipe says "quick cook" 
For the topping:
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1 c. chocolate chips 
Heat butter on low heat, add Karo syrup and brown sugar. Heat and stir on med-high until it boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute, remove from heat and add vanilla and stir in oatmeal. Depending how thick you want the bars, you can put in an 8x8 or 9x13 pan. For the "frosting" melt 1/2 c peanut butter and 1 c. chocolate chips in the microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring until chips melt. Pour and spread over bars, refrigerate until set, then cut and store in refrigerator. Enjoy!

~Simply Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment