Here's what you need:
- 1 16 oz. box of pasta, sometimes I use egg noodles, for this recipe I used Ziti
- 16 oz jar of your favorite Pizza Sauce, (I use Trader Joe's)
- 1-2 c. of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. (or as much as you like)of Pepperoni slices, I used Turkey Pepperoni
- OPTIONAL: you can add other ingredients you like such as black olives, peppers, onions, etc.
Boil water and cook noodles for about half of the cook time on the package(you will finish baking in the oven). Drain pasta but save a little pasta water to add to your hot dish, this helps the sauce stick to the noodles. Stir in sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Bake, covered in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes, or until noodles are tender and cheese is melted. I always add a little more cheese on top and bake uncovered the last 10 minutes or so. I made mine in my Food Network 7-Qt. Enamel Cast-Iron Dutch Oven (Google Affiliate Ad) I use my enamel cast-iron pot for just about everything. I boiled the noodles in it then added all the other ingredients into it after I drained the water. Easy one pot clean-up!