Monkey bread is always a favorite weekend treat! It doesn't take very long to put it all together and my family can hardly wait for me to take it out of the oven!
3 cans buttermilk biscuits, quartered (we usually all just take a biscuit and tear it into a few pieces)
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c evaporated or regular milk
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c white sugar (I use the leftover sugar from above and add a little more if needed to make 1 cup, it's ok that the cinnamon is already mixed in)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Remove the biscuits from the packages and cut into quarters. Pour the sugar and cinnamon into a large baggie. Add the biscuit quarters to the baggie, seal the top and shake until the biscuit pieces are covered with sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the biscuit pieces in an ungreased bundt pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and cook in a small pan over low heat on the stove until they are well blended. (You could also heat them in the microwave).
- Pour topping over biscuits and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pan and tip upside down.
- Remove the pan and get ready to eat!