Skip to main content

Easter Wreath Fun!

A fun little project you can complete in about an hour is a colorful Easter wreath! They also make great gifts! 
What you need:
1 straw wreath (leave the plastic wrap on) or Styrofoam circle, mine is 12" 
24-30 plastic eggs 
Ribbon for bow or pre-made bow
Small stuffed animal  
Hot glue gun/glue
Decorations of your choice 
Floral moss or natural straw 
Craft wire
Directions:
  • I started with my wreath hanger. Cut a piece of craft wire about 12 inches long. Wrap it around the top of the wreath and twist it several times on the back of the wreath, form a small circle and twist at the bottom of the circle. This will be your wreath hanger.
  • Turn the wreath over keeping the hanger on the top while you're working. You will want to leave a space at the bottom for your bow and stuffed animal. Heat your hot glue and start by placing a generous amount of hot glue on an egg, hold the egg onto the wreath for a few seconds until it sticks. I started placing my eggs on the top and worked my way down the sides.
  • Place the eggs as close to each other as you can. There will be space between them, it's ok, you can fill them in later with your decorations, flowers or moss.
  • Once your eggs are in place you should have a space at the bottom about 5 inches wide. This is where you will place your bow. Use the directions to make your bow here Simply Make Your Own Bows. (I made one change on the bow I used a piece of ribbon 12 inches long instead of a pipe cleaner).
  • Glue your bow to the bottom of the wreath in the empty space. Just above the bow, apply a large amount of hot glue to the wreath, apply some hot glue to the bottom of the stuffed animal, and hold the stuffed animal on the wreath for a minute or so until it sticks. 
  • Now for the finishing touches, I used hot glue on some silk flowers and placed them where my spaces are between the eggs. I also used pieces of floral moss and tucked it in the spaces between the eggs. It works great if you use the end of your scissors to tuck the moss into the spaces.
  • Make sure all of your eggs are secure. If they aren't apply small amounts of hot glue to them and stick them to each other. I only had to do this to 3 or 4 eggs. 
  • I hung my wreath on the inside of my front door using a magnetic wreath hanger. Your project is done and so beautiful! Happy crafting!


Love and peace,
Tammi

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma's Bread Pudding and Caramel Sauce

I was trying to think of something for dessert last night and homemade bread pudding was my choice. Our Dad was not a dessert lover but bread pudding was one of his favorites. Our grandma made the best bread pudding, hope you like it! Ingredients : 5 cups slightly dried out bread, any kind. I used Italian bread.  1/4 cup raisins (optional) 2 cups milk 1/4 cup butter 1/2 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 T vanilla 1/4 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp cinnamon Caramel Sauce Ingredients 1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup heavy cream 1 tsp vanilla Directions : Cut the bread in cubes. I cut some of the crust off (on about half of the bread). Place bread into a greased casserole dish or an 11x9 inch pan. Add raisins.  Microwave milk and butter about 4 minutes on 60% power or heat in a saucepan over medium heat on the stove. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Slowly add the mixture to the egg and milk and butter

Homemade Goulash

Last weekend I made meals for the freezer. It takes a few hours but this will save you time during the week (in case you have nights like I do when you don't feel like cooking) and your family will love it! I adapted this recipe from Paula Deen (it's called Bobby's Goulash). I used organic ingredients but use the products of your choice. I would have liked to use fresh tomatoes from the garden but my tomatoes weren't quite ready. You can also make it gluten-free by using gluten-free elbow macaroni. It's so tasty - my family loved it! Ingredients : 1 pound ground turkey 1 pound lean ground beef 1 -2 small onions, diced ( I used red onions) 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice 3 cups water 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 T Italian seasoning 3 bay leaves 3 T soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce 1 T seasoning salt course ground pepper to taste 2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked) Putting it together: Brown meat and onions in a lar

Dad's Homemade Peach Cobbler

Peach Cobbler fresh from the oven! One of our favorite desserts is Dad's peach cobbler. This is a recipe that I use when I need a quick dessert. I always have the ingredients and it only takes a few minutes to mix it up. I modified it for gluten-free by making a change to the flour type, just in case you're looking for gluten-free. You can use fresh or frozen peaches, or even canned peaches work. I usually freeze enough Colorado peaches to take me through the seasons so I use those. This recipe makes about 6 servings. Ingredients : 1/3 c butter, melted 1-2 cups peaches, peeled and sliced 1 c sugar (white or organic cane) 1 c all-purpose flour ( or white rice flour for gluten-free ) 1 tsp cinnamon (this is optional, my family loves cinnamon!) 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp sea salt 1 c milk (I use organic 2%) Directions : Melt butter and pour it into a baking pan, a 9x9 square glass pan works great.  In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and sa