Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Caramel Corn Crunch

If you still need gift ideas or just want to make something for a yummy treat. This Caramel Corn Crunch is perfect. I made this for my daughters dance class.  I doubled it and got about 25 cups.
Here's what you need:
  • 1 c butter
  •  2 c packed brown sugar 
  • 1/2 c light corn syrup
  • 1/2 tsp salt-I omitted because I used salted butter
  • 1 t. baking soda
Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil over medium heat in large sauce pan. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Mix well, it will foam up-this is why you need a large pan. Pour over 8 quarts of popcorn and stir to coat evenly. Bake for 1 hour at 200° stirring every 15 minutes. Then pour onto foil or wax paper and spread out to cool. I melted both chocolate and white chips and  drizzled over cooled mixture. You can add nuts, m&m's (or anything else you like) to the mixture. This makes about 10 cups. Enjoy!

~Simply Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment