9-12 small pieces of material (about 3 inches in diameter)
Hot glue or fabric glue
Felt, cardboard, or a heavier fabric for the base
- I made a 5 petal flower template from card stock. I doubled my fabric and cut out the flower using the template as my pattern. It's easier to cut them in layers rather than one at a time. I cut 11 flower shapes because my material was thin. If you use thicker material you would only need 9.
- Cut a circle with a heavier fabric or felt to use as the base, I used chenille.
- Take one flower shape and fold it in half, then in half again.
- Glue the bottom of the flower to the base.
- Repeat this process until you have 4 folded flowers on the base. Keep the folded edges together.
- The next layer is the same, but glue the 4 flowers opposite of the first layer. These will cover your first layer folds.
- For the middle of the flower, take the last flower and roll it in the shape of a cone, cut about 1/2 inch from the bottom. Place glue on the bottom and hold in the middle of the flower.
- Place a small amount of glue on the petals closest to the middle and glue them to the middle piece. This will help the flower look more like it's blooming. You can glue any pieces together to get a fluffier flower.
- Glue flower to your project or glue it to a clip on the back if you'd like to use it as a hair accessory.
Love and peace,