- Wash your carrots.
- Cut them in pieces, I sliced mine so I can use them for soups.
- Start a pan of boiling water, slice the carrots and boil them (blanche) them for 3 minutes.
- Drain the hot water.
- Pour the carrots into a bowl with ice cubes and cold water for 3 minutes.
- I measured mine 1 cup per bag and used my handy dandy ziploc vacuum gadget.
- Place them in the freezer until you're ready to use them for soup, casseroles, carrot cake, steam them or use them in your favorite carrot dish!
~ Simply Tammi