Thursday, October 18, 2012

How to Freeze Carrots or Other Veggies

I thought my garden was officially done for the summer but last week I realized that I had not picked my carrots yet! I froze most of them so I could have sweet, delicious garden carrots this winter.

Freezing Carrots:
  • Wash your carrots.
  • Cut them in pieces, I sliced mine so I can use them for soups.
  • Start a pan of boiling water, slice the carrots and boil them (blanche) them for 3 minutes.
  • Drain the hot water.
  • Pour the carrots into a bowl with ice cubes and cold water for 3 minutes.
  • I measured mine 1 cup per bag and used my handy dandy ziploc vacuum gadget.
  • Place them in the freezer until you're ready to use them for soup, casseroles, carrot cake, steam them or use them in your favorite carrot dish!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment