Monday, October 22, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Bars

It seems that every place I look, I see pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting! SO you know what I have to do...post my own pumpkin bars using fresh pumpkin! If you haven't baked your pumpkins yet from your own pumpkin puree, follow the instructions here Simply How to Freeze Pumpkin. I baked another pie pumpkin yesterday so rather than freezing it, I made pumpkin bars. I used my old recipe that I've had for years but used fresh pumpkin. You may use canned pumpkin if you prefer.
Ingredients:
1 c canola oil
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups fresh pumpkin (or a 15 oz can)
Mix above ingredients together.
2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 T pumpkin pie spice or 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a parchment paper lined 11x15 baking sheet with sides. Bake at 340F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 stick butter, softened
1-2 T heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 cups powdered sugar (depends on consistency you like your frosting)
Mix frosting and spread on cooled pumpkin bars. I cut mine into 36 bars. If you want to save some for later, these bars freeze well. Autumn pumpkin treats are yummy-licious!
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment