- I limit my groceries for what I will be cooking or eating that week. I like to freeze meals ahead so my freezer is full and I don't have to waste time on what I am going to cook every night. I usually buy organic produce which doesn't keep too long and I hate to throw food away, so my refrigerator might look a little bare, but that's how I like it!
- Many of the items I make myself such as chicken and beef stock, yogurt, peanut butter, salsa, jelly, applesauce, syrup, dressings, and iced coffee. Most of my jars are labeled so my husband knows what is in them, and some I date with a sharpie so I know if it is getting outdated.
- I keep my condiments in a clear container because we usually have more than one with a meal, it's easy to take the container out and put it on the table.
- I use another basket for my baking ingredients such as yeast, dry buttermilk, and coconut.
- I use a basket for my eggs because I don't like cartons. (I know - weird).
- I keep one shelf reserved strictly for leftovers or the current day's meals.
- I store cheese sticks, goat cheese, and soft cheese in a basket in my cheese compartment. It works great when the kids come and grab a cheese stick, then everything doesn't get all mixed up.
- I keep my fruit in a basket in the fruit and produce compartment. I use the meat compartment sometimes for extra veggies because I don't keep extra meat around, I either freeze it or cook it the same day that I buy it.
- I use the enclosed door on the side of the refrigerator for milk, cream, half-n-half, and iced coffee.
- On the other door shelves I keep items that we don't use as frequently such as dressings, bottled lemon and lime juice, grapeseed oil, and protein drinks.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi