zest of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup milk
1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
3 T unsalted butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325F, line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix lemon zest and sugars together.
- I used a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and creamed together the sugars, butter, oil then added the eggs and vanilla, until all ingredients were mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk to your butter, eggs, and sugars dough.
- Make sure everything is combined then add your blueberries and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- I used a cookie dough scoop to spoon the batter into the muffin liners, fill them close to the top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until they are pale golden brown.
- Whisk glaze ingredients until smooth.
- When the muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. You can dip them twice if you want (you already know I did!!)
- Serve warm or cool on a rack and store in an airtight container. I would store them in the refrigerator if you're not going to serve them within a day. I also froze some of mine. Makes 18 muffins.
~ Simply Tammi