Monday, July 23, 2012

Creamy Cucumbers

My garden cucumbers are finally ready - yay!! I love to use cucumbers in summer salads, but one of my other favorites is to make a creamy sauce for them.  I like to serve these within a couple of days when I make them in the sauce otherwise they will get a little soggy. I like my sauce on the sweet side, but you may experiment with the amount of sweetener you use.
Ingredients:
4 cucumbers
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup plain yogurt, Greek style works great
2 T white vinegar
2-3 T agave or sugar to taste
2 tsp diced shallots or onions (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
  1. Peel cucumbers if the outsides are thick, otherwise slice them without peeling. 
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise and vinegar together until creamy.
  3. Add sweetener to taste.
  4. Add diced shallots or onion. 
  5. Add sliced cucumbers, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
 
 Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/24/2012

    Add tomatoes and you got it made!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds delicious! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete