Friday, July 13, 2012

Caprese Pasta Salad

I love this time of year when I can finally enjoy some of the fresh herbs and vegetables I am growing and go to Farmer's Market's.  This recipe is adapted from Caprese Salad, which I like but sometimes I want it to be more of a meal.  On these days where it seems too hot to cook I really enjoy salads.  If you aren't a fan of basil, this probably won't be the salad for you, but add what you like and what you have on hand.  These measurements aren't exact because I usually just end up throwing it together and tasting along the way until it's how I like it.
Here's what you need:
  • fresh basil, I just picked a small handful of leaves and cut them into small pieces
  • med to large tomatoes, 1-2 diced, you can use canned I would use about 1/2-1 c drained or cherry tomatoes halved
  • 3 c pasta, I use rotini or penne, but anything about that size works
  • Simply Homemade Olive Garden Italian Dressing (optional) or you could drizzle it with olive oil or use your own Italian Dressing
  • fresh Mozzarella cheese, I buy the BelGioioso brand, I use about 1/2 of the ball and cut into cubes
  • salt and pepper to taste
 You can also add olives or any veggies you like, or make it Gluten free with Rice Pasta.
 Enjoy!

~Simply Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment