Thursday, June 14, 2012

Decorating with Vintage Jewelry





This is the perfect DIY project to display your vintage jewelry rather than keep it in a box. For me, it was the perfect accent piece to my shabby chic living room. I bought an old picture frame at a garage sale for a quarter and painted it with cream colored paint and a little water. I still had my sister's bridesmaid dress from my wedding, so I cut some swatches of pink material and lace from that and used it as my background for my jewelry. I did not use any glue for my project because I wanted to preserve the integrity of the jewelry.
Here are my steps to complete my DIY jewelry project:
  1. If needed, paint the picture frame and let it dry.
  2. Cut material and lace to fit the frame and add almost 3 inches to each side.
  3. Place the frame painted side down and place the jewelry over the back of the frame, you won't need the glass if your frame has it.
  4. Place the lace over the top of the jewelry.
  5. Place the material over the lace.
  6. Place some pieces of batting over the material, enough to cover the entire back.
  7. Place the cardboard back over the top of the batting, press down slightly, and press the metal clips on the frame over the cardboard.
  8. Trim the excess material from the edges of the frame in the back.
  9. Turn your frame over and that's it! You now have beautifully framed vintage jewelry!

 Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment