This is the perfect DIY project to display your vintage jewelry rather than keep it in a box. For me, it was the perfect accent piece to my shabby chic living room. I bought an old picture frame at a garage sale for a quarter and painted it with cream colored paint and a little water. I still had my sister's bridesmaid dress from my wedding, so I cut some swatches of pink material and lace from that and used it as my background for my jewelry. I did not use any glue for my project because I wanted to preserve the integrity of the jewelry.
Here are my steps to complete my DIY jewelry project:
- If needed, paint the picture frame and let it dry.
- Cut material and lace to fit the frame and add almost 3 inches to each side.
- Place the frame painted side down and place the jewelry over the back of the frame, you won't need the glass if your frame has it.
- Place the lace over the top of the jewelry.
- Place the material over the lace.
- Place some pieces of batting over the material, enough to cover the entire back.
- Place the cardboard back over the top of the batting, press down slightly, and press the metal clips on the frame over the cardboard.
- Trim the excess material from the edges of the frame in the back.
- Turn your frame over and that's it! You now have beautifully framed vintage jewelry!
~ Simply Tammi