Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fresh Salsa

I really like salsa. I used to can it in the summer, but it would be a whole day project. Then I found this recipe on mountainmamacooks.com. It is one of our favorites. There is no cooking or canning involved and is pretty much perfect every time. It makes about 2 pints.  It would be great with the fish tacos, or if you're like me, you can eat it with just about anything!
Here's what you need:
  • 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1 10 oz can rotel
  • 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
  • 1/2 -1 jalapeno, seeded or not depending on how spicy you like it
  • 1 t honey
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/4 t cumin
  • small to med. handful of cilantro (I'm not a huge fan of it, so I don't put much in)
  • juice of 1 lime
Put all the ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips, over tacos (or anything else you like to eat it with!) Enjoy!

~Simply Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment