Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pancakes

My basic recipe is from my Grandma's old cookbook but I recently revised the recipe due to feedback from my sister, she thought they were too heavy so I lightened them up a little! That is the fun with cooking, you can always make adjustments. I am always on a mission for recipes that I can make ahead for those nights that I don't feel like cooking. We like breakfast for dinner sometimes and pancakes hit the spot! These also freeze well so you can make them ahead and thaw them out for a weekend brunch. If you want to fluff them up even more you can exchange some of the milk with club soda.
1 egg
3 T butter, melted
2 T sugar

Mix together and add dry ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour (white or wheat)
2 tsp baking powder

Then add:
1 - 1 1/4 cups milk (buttermilk is my favorite but you can use your favorite milk.
I use a wooden spoon to mix everything and leave the batter a little lumpy. Add more milk if you want them a little lighter. Cook on a hot griddle (about 325 degrees is using electric) for about 2 minutes before flipping; you should see bubbles on the tops. Makes about 13 - 16 pancakes.
Pancakes


















You can also add 1 cup chopped apples and 1 tsp cinnamon when you add the milk if you want to try something different.
Love and peace,
Tammi

4 comments:

  1. Those look Simply Delicious! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste-tested as a thumbs up at my house!

      Delete
  2. The husband made these and added apples and cinnamon they came out fantastic he did a great job thanks sooo much oooh and they made about 10 pancakes with this recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and comment Laura! Apples and cinnamon are our favorite!

      Delete