Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

 I like to make cookies, but I really like eating them!  I am always looking for new recipes to try. This one sounded interesting and most importantly...easy.  I was a bit skeptical at first because there isn't flour in them, but they have turned out and are delicious every time. It is Gluten Free and also has a Vegan Option. 

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 3/4 c white sugar
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1 c peanut butter
  • 1 egg (to replace the egg, combine 1T ground flax seeds + 3T warm water in a small bowl and stir.  Allow a "jelly" to form after a few minutes, and use this as your "egg")
  • 1/2 t vanilla
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir by hand with a spoon. Form into 1" balls, I used a cookie scoop but sometimes I roll them in my hands, then place them on a cookie sheet.  With a fork, lightly press and make a criss-cross pattern, then sprinkle the tops with a little brown and white sugar.
Optional: you can roll them in a mixture of white and brown sugar instead of sprinkling just the tops.
GF Peanut Butter Cookies
Bake 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until barely browned.  I take them out while they still look a little shiny and look like they aren't quite done. Then take them out of the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet.  I get about 15-18 cookies.

~Simply Angie

This recipe adapted from loveveggiesandyoga.com

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/05/2012

    I was out of brown sugar so I just increased the white sugar to 1 cup and they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Made them and loved them! Thank you so very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Glad you loved them!

    ReplyDelete