Saturday, January 14, 2012

Homemade Muesli


Homemade Muesli
For the past couple of years, I have been buying muesli in the health food section at the grocery store. Then one day I realized these are ingredients I usually have at home. I wondered why was I paying more for this than I needed to? So off to frugal land I went and that is where I put together my favorite mixture of "stuff" for my muesli.

Homemade Muesli

2 cups old fashioned oats (dry)
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds

Mix together in a 4 cup bowl then pour it into a quart glass jar. My favorite is to use 1/4 cup in about 6 ounces of yogurt but you can pour milk on it and eat as cold cereal. You can also cook this for a hot cereal but I don't like hot cereal so I can't tell you how long to cook it.

Love and peace.

~ Simply Tammi

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/15/2012

    thanx for sharing tammi...we could all save a little money...and maybe remember some things our grandmothers did, before we all got spoiled with instant everything. annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to tell you that you guys really inspired me when we vacationed at your place! I came home, looked at my "stuff" and started detoxing. I started sewing cloth napkins (never to use paper again)and unpacked my grandma's anchor king vintage dishes and started using them every day. Not only are they beautiful dishes but they bring back fond memories every time we eat. And I don't remember grandma reaching for instant, packaged foods either! Thank you for the inspiration!
      Tammi

      Delete