Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cinnamon Spice Sink Scrub


I hope everyone is having a relaxing and fun-filled Sunday! I am trying to catch up today, I feel like I have been running behind since Thanksgiving. It's ok - I do this every year! My favorite Saturday schedule is to prepare for the upcoming week by making bread, biscotti, muffins, and a few meals. This makes Sunday more relaxing for me. Today I have been on my Saturday schedule because of my kitchen detox project yesterday (more to come on that later).

After a few near misses today, everything has turned out great. Do you ever have those moments in the kitchen with a new recipe where you just keep questioning if it's really going to turn out? In a nutshell, that was my morning! I made toothpaste, dishwashing soap, protein bars, bread, and biscotti. Yesterday my granddaughters and I made beeswax lotion and laundry soap. Angie and I are trying different recipes for lots of kitchen and bathroom items, so we'll let you know some of our favorite recipes for these items and more.

I tried the sink cleaner recipe from momsaware.com and I love, love, love it! I have a linen colored stone sink in my kitchen and it worked great and it smells good too! I also use it on my white bathroom sinks.

Spicy Sink Cleaner
Spicy Sink Cleaner
1 c. baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 drops orange essential oil

Put ingredients into a shaker jar. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle on sink and wipe. Follow with a vinegar spray for added benefit.

Love and peace,

~ Simply Tammi

3 comments:

  1. I use it so much I put it in a sugar shaker by the sink now. (of course it's labeled because it looks and smells good...and I just like using my label maker!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1/16/2012

      I found some cool old-fashioned sugar shakers at the thrift stores. They ranged in price from $.25 to $1.00.

      Delete
  2. I just realized I said what you said! There is no doubt we are sisters, the scrub is one of my favorites too! I'm going to try making marshmallows later, I will let you know how that goes tomorrow! They might be my new favorite thing! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete