|Pumpkin pudding with a ginger cookie on the side|
2 T cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1-3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
2/3 cup pumpkin, I used canned organic pumpkin
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk brown sugar and cornstarch in a medium pan.
- Set burner on medium heat.
- Whisk milk and egg then gradually add to the above mixture.
- Continue whisking the mixture until it boils, it'll take a few minutes.
- Boil for 1 minute and keep whisking.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the pumpkin, spices and vanilla.
- Place pan on burner over low heat.
- Whisk for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the pudding into 6 saucers or ice cream dishes.
- Place plastic wrap over the top of the pudding and refrigerate until cold.
- Place a ginger cookie or two in the pudding or crumble them over the top if you like a little crunch.
- Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream before serving!
- Makes 6 servings.
Love and peace,