Simply Grandma's Refrigerator Pickles for sweet pickles, so I thought I would try some refrigerator dill pickles. I found a recipe on growveg.com so I decided to try it. It worked great! Even though canned pickles are my favorite, we liked these and they worked great on sandwiches!
Refrigerator dill pickles:
4-5 washed, sliced cucumbers
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 c water
1/4 c sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 cloves peeled garlic
- Place sliced cucumbers in glass gallon jar.
- Heat the brine mixture in small pan just enough for the sugar to dissolve.
- Pour over the sliced cucumbers.
- Add 1 teaspoon dill or about a handful of seeds, leaves or flower heads.
- Add 2-3 cloves peeled garlic.
- Shake gently.
- The liquid will not cover your cucumbers, that's ok. They will settle down in the jar as they sit in the refrigerator.
- I didn't open mine for a three days. If they are still too sour, wait a couple more days.
~ Simply Tammi