1 pepper per person, washed and cored, use green, orange, yellow or red peppers
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 tsp basil
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 cup dry rice (use the rice of your choice, I use basmati or brown rice)
1 pound ground beef, cooked
1 shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T Worcestershire sauce
Optional: 6-7 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c shredded cheese (colby, cheddar, mozarella or your choice)
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your rice according to the directions depending on the rice you use.
- Over medium heat on the stove, cook ground beef in another pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the seasonings, veggies and tomato ingredients together.
- Add the cooked rice and ground beef to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Stuff your peppers.
- Place peppers in a shallow dish with a small amount of water in the bottom of the dish. I use a deep pie dish. Cover the tops of the peppers with aluminum foil. It doesn't have to fit tightly.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top (optional) and bake another 15 minutes. Enjoy!
~ Simply Tammi