1 green pepper per person, washed and cored
1 cup or 8 ox tomato sauce
1 cup or 8 oz diced tomatoes
1 tsp basil
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 cup dry rice (use the rice of your choice, I use basmati or brown rice)
1 pound ground beef, cooked
1 shallot (smaller size)
1 clove minced garlic
1 T Worcestershire sauce
6-7 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c shredded cheese (colby, cheddar, mozarella or your choice)
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your rice according to the directions depending on the rice you use. When I use basmati rice, I rinse it first in a strainer. Then add 1 cup dry rice to 1 3/4 - 2 cups of water and boil it for about 25-20 minutes, or until it's soft.
- Over medium heat on the stove, cook ground beef in another pan, make sure you crumble it well so you can stuff it in your peppers later.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the seasonings, veggies and tomato ingredients together.
- Once the rice and ground beef is cooked, add them to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients and stuff your peppers.
- Place peppers in a shallow dish with a small amount of water in the bottom of the dish. I use a deep pie dish. Cover the tops of the peppers with aluminum foil. It doesn't have to fit tightly.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top (optional) and bake for another 15 minutes. Enjoy!
~ Simply Tammi