3 c hash browns, frozen or fresh
1 c shredded cheese
1 c cooked sausage (you could also use ham, ground beef, vegan crumbles or bacon)
1/2 shallot, diced
5 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c milk
salt and pepper to taste
* You can also add green pepper, mushrooms, red pepper, onion...all your favorite veggies!!
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease your baking dish, I used coconut oil and a 2 quart casserole dish.
- If you are using sausage or ground beef, cook your meat first, with the shallots, in a medium pan over medium heat on the stove.
- I like to layer my casserole because I like to be in order - haha! (it's true). I put the potatoes on the bottom of the dish, then the cheese and the meat (or meatless crumbles).
- Whisk the eggs, then add the milk to them and whisk a few more minutes.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over the potatoes, cheese and meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 55 minutes to an hour. If it starts to get too brown around the edges, turn the oven down to 340F.
- Remove from oven and let it stand for about 5-8 minutes before serving. Slice and serve.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi