If you have meat lovers in your family, a simple dish for a special occasion is prime rib. It is very easy to make, so delicious, and also makes great leftovers, my husband's favorite is french dip sandwiches!
What you need:
4 pound boneless standing rib roast
2 Tablespoons thyme
2 Tablespoons rosemary
1 T parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 T coarse ground pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Start by cutting the fat off the top of the roast. Make sure you save it because you will want to place it over the top of the meat after you season it.
- Mix all of the seasonings together then stir in the olive oil. I use my fingers to spread the seasonings and oil onto the meat.
- After you have seasoned the meat, return the fat back onto the top of the roast. Place in a baking dish (I use a cake pan 9x13). If you have a roasting pan with a rack, that would work great too.
- For medium rare, I baked mine for 2 hours, or until your meat thermometer reaches 130F. Remove your prime rib from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes in the pan before you slice it.
- I used organic aujus in small bowls for dipping each bite - yummy-licious!