I started with 2 pie pumpkins. They are smaller pumpkins and they usually say specifically "pie pumpkins". Mine cost $1.99 each. So throw away your cans and make your own pumpkin puree! It's worth the time and the cost! These are the best for everyone's favorite bars Simply Homemade Pumpkin Bars!
- I washed my pumpkins in warm water first, then cut them in half. I started at the top next to the stem and used a serrated knife to cut it in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and the stringy
- Place the pumpkin halves upside down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using a spoon, remove the pumpkin from the skins.
- Use a blender or food processor until smooth.
- I froze mine to use later. It will be great for pumpkin pies, pumpkin bars, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, or your favorite pumpkin food.
- It yielded 4 cups of pumpkin puree from each pumpkin.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi