Friday, October 05, 2012

Pear Sauce

I've been waiting and it finally happened! Pears went on sale! I love pears but I don't really like to eat them whole because I never know exactly how to keep my fingers my getting sticky. Then I saw a recipe on www.nourishedkitchen.com for pear sauce and I jumped for joy was very happy! It's simply awesome and easy to make!
Directions:
  • 6-8 ripe pears (Bartlett or D'Anjou) peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 2 vanilla beans (whole)
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
Place the chopped pears in a pan and add water but not to the top of the pears, you want enough water so they can cook but not too much so that your sauce will be runny. Simmer over medium heat until they are soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat, if you have too much water you can spoon some of it off the top. Remove the cinnamon sticks and vanilla beans. Mash with a potato masher until the consistency is smooth (or cool your sauce and use a blender or food processor). Pour into glass jars and refrigerate. I used 8 pears and filled 2 pint jars. Enjoy!
Pear sauce - mmm so good!

Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment