1 cup quinoa (this is uncooked)
1/2 medium cucumber, diced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 carrot, sliced into small pieces
1 small shallot, diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 T olive oil
black pepper to taste
I included some steps for cooking the quinoa from the savvyvegetarian.com . It's helpful if you this is your first time using quinoa.
- Soak the quinoa in warm water for 5 min in a 2 quart pot. Soaking helps quinoa to cook evenly. taste.
- Rinse the quinoa into a small screen mesh strainer.
- Drain well and transfer back to the cooking pot, add 1 1/2 cups water & 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat and let let sit five minutes with the cover on.
- Pour into a medium size bowl and put in the refrigerator to cool (about an hour).
- After it has cooled take it out of the refrigerator and stir in your veggies.
- Add the olive oil and seasonings and stir in together.
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi