1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp oregano
fresh basil - chopped (I used about 1/4 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 small to medium size zucchinis, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced (I used beefsteak tomatoes)
4 T butter
1 small shallot, chopped
2/3 cup gluten-free cornflake crumbs (or regular bread crumbs)
Putting it together:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use a large bowl and mix together the cheese, herbs, and garlic.
- Grease a round casserole pan or you could use a square pan (I used a little olive oil). Use about 1/2 of your zucchini slices and cover the bottom of your pan with them. Sprinkle the top with your some of the cheese mixture, use about a third of it.
- Slice the tomatoes and place them over the zucchini and cheese, then sprinkle more of the cheese mixture on the tomatoes.
- Add the rest of the zucchini slices, tomato slices, and a little more cheese mixture. You are done with that part for a few minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the shallot. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Stir in the cornflake or bread crumbs.
- Remove from the stove and cover the zucchini mixture with the crumbs.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover, grate about 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (or your cheese choice) over the top and bake another 25 minutes.
~ Simply Tammi