1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut oil (you could use 1 c butter if you don't have coconut oil)
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 3/4 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
1 cup M&Ms
- Mix the butter, coconut oil, and sugars until they are creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well until your dough is on the "fluffy" side.
- Add salt, soda, and flour, mix well.
- Stir in the m&m candies with a spatula or wooden spoon. * Tip: I always put my dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before I bake them. The reasons are that coconut oil melts easily, if you are baking on a warm day, if your kitchen is warm, or your butter is too soft, your cookies will spread too much. It's worth the time to cool your dough.
- I use a medium cookie scoop for the dough and bake them on parchment paper lined 11x15 cookie sheets.
- I bake my cookies at 340F degrees (because my oven bakes a little hot) for 10-14 minutes. Don't overbake - these should be a light tan color not brown. If you take them out when they are still light, you can leave them on the cookie sheet for just a few more minutes and they will be perfect!
- If you use a larger cookie dough scoop, this recipe will make about 42 cookies. If you like smaller cookies, you can use a smaller scoop or a teaspoon and you will be able to make about 60 cookies. Enjoy!
|this dough is a good consistency for your cookies|
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi