Here are a few of my tips:
- For the grill: I always grill a few types of meat, fish or poultry at the same time. My usual routine includes 3-4 chicken breasts (enough for 3-5 meals), 2 buffalo burgers (enough for 1 meal), and a pound of cod wrapped in foil (enough for 2-3 meals).
- My favorite side grilled dish: Wrap in foil: baby potatoes, zucchini cut in 1 inch chunks, red onions cut in 1/2 inch chunks, 2 garlic cloves diced, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, basil, and fresh ground pepper.
- I freeze the items that I won't be using within a few days. We love pasta meals so I slice my extra chicken breasts and freeze them after I grill them. Then when I am ready to make pasta, I take them out of the freezer and add them my pasta.
- In the kitchen cooking: Yesterday I made yummy goulash, roast chicken with vegetables, and penne pasta with goat cheese and vegetables. (Recipes coming later). We had chicken and vegetables for supper, the leftovers went to the freezer with the goulash and pasta dishes.
- Make a quick snack item such as the Healthy Energy Bites while your other food is cooking. These don't involve any cooking and are easy to put together. The kids love them too!
- Leftover coffee? Remember to pour it into a quart jar (or container) and store it in the refrigerator. I continue to add leftover coffee for the week and use it for iced coffee or an iced vanilla latte.
|Healthy Energy Bites|
Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi