Friday, June 29, 2012

Bathroom Bling

Who doesn't enjoy a little bathroom bling? This is the most simple project (and maybe the strangest) I've ever done! I saw an idea on Pinterest with monogram initials on the toilet tank. I liked the concept but I was too impatient to order monogram letters so I decided I would buy some sparkly crystals for my project. I tried this in our shabby shic, guest bathroom because I wasn't too sure what my husband would think. Well, it brought a laugh and the typical roll of the eyes - haha!!
I bought a sheet of pink crystals (with adhesive on the back) for $2.99 at the craft store. I peeled off the crystals and applied them to my toilet tank. Done!


 Love and peace,
~ Simply Tammi

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/29/2012

    Wonder if they come off when the toliet sweats?
    pretty though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered that too.
    And this is obviously not a craft for a mother of a 9 year old boy, and one that is just potty training. I can't imagine scrubbing the pee out of that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope they don't come off with a sweaty toilet! I even used vinegar and tea tree oil to lightly clean it and everything was fine! How fun is that??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! Toilets sweat??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/29/2012

    Doesn't seem like there would be a problem because the lid covers the tank when you use the toilet. I'm going to do this. Thanks for the clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6/30/2012

    I guess the bathroom isn't all that important to me to take the time and effort to wanna decorate the toilet. Nice idea tho, just not for me. I have a hard enough time cleaning the bathroom let alone makeing the toilet look nice. I think I will pass on this one but nice thinking.

    ReplyDelete