Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Olive Oil Candle

What you need:
  • a small glass jar or container
  • olive oil
  • a wick
  • essential oil of your choice
  • dried flowers or herbs(optional)
I made this candle with a small glass container I had that was my grandma's. You could use a 1/2 pint or pint jar with a lid.  It is a liquid candle so it's nice to cover when your not burning it. I put the wick in and stuck it to the bottom with some tacky wax, but you can also use melted wax, then I poured in the olive oil and added about 10 drops of lavender essential oil.( you can add more or less depending on the size of your container and how strong you want the scent)  I added dried lavender blossoms just because I had them- and I liked the look.  These are clean burning and don't smoke.  When the olive oil is gone you can just wash out the container, add another wick and make a new one. 

~Simply Angie

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/09/2012

    Question: How long does the candle last? I realize it depends on how large or small you make it, but just in general. And will it work with other oils or just olive oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure exactly how long it will last, mine was a small jar and I burned it everyday about 2-3 hours for a week. You can put it in any size jar or container to make it last longer. I have read that almond oil works too, but olive oil burns cleaner.

    ReplyDelete