Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweetened Condensed Milk

Sweetened Condensed Milk
Since I have been making my own coffee creamer for a while now, I keep trying to improve my recipe and try different combination. I found a recipe on my instant dry milk box for sweetened condensed milk. It was easy to make, and I think it tastes even better than the can!
Here's the recipe:
  • 1 c instant dry milk
  • 2/3 c sugar
  • 1/3 c boiling water
  • 1/4 c softened butter
Put it all in a blender or food processor and blend for 1 minute.  This makes approx. 14 oz., the same as the can, I used some of mine to make another version of coffee creamer and put the rest in the fridge.
For the creamer: I used equal parts warm milk, sweetened condensed milk, a tablespoon of vanilla, then gave it a whirl in my food processor. Store it in the refrigerator.
Angie

1 comment:

  1. One less can in my pantry! It seems like I need sweetened condensed milk for some recipes and I hate buying it - I can always taste the can!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete